top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Spaulding High School Students


Q: How many RCE credits may I take toward the Spaulding Diploma?

A: 3 credits maximum.  This may be 3 one credit courses, 6 ½ credit courses or a combination of 1 and ½ credit courses to total 3 credits.



Q:  How do I register for RCE courses?

A:  Contact your Guidance Counselor who will work with you and the RCE coordinator to register you for RCE courses.


Q: When is RCE graduation?

A: The RCE graduation is traditionally held the Monday after the Spaulding High School graduation in the evening.  


Q:  How many credits are required for the Spaulding High School diploma?

A:  26


Q:  What is the difference between the Spaulding High School Diploma and the Rochester Community Education diploma?

A:  The credits required for the Spaulding High School Diploma are (26); a  greater number of credits required than the Rochester Community Education Diploma (20 credits). (link back to RCE AHSD credits required)


Q:  Is there a minimum age to participate in RCE courses?

A:  Yes, you must be at least 16 years of age.


Q:  Is there a minimum age requirement to take all classes online?

A:  Yes, you must be at least 18 years old.


Q:  What courses can I take?

A:  You will work out a plan with your Guidance Counselor and the RCE Coordinator.  


Q:  Do my Spaulding credits transfer to the RCE program?

A:  Yes.


Q:  How do I obtain an RCE transcript if I graduate from the RCE program?

A: Upon completion/graduation you will be provided with a certified transcript.  If you need another transcript post-graduation, contact the RCE Coordinator.


Q:  Can I attend both Spaulding High School and RCE Graduation if I take RCE courses and graduate with the Spaulding diploma?

A: No.  Spaulding High School graduates attend the Spaulding High School graduation only.  RCE graduates will have their own separate ceremony, typically during the week following the SHS graduation.


Q.  What is the Adult High School Diploma?

A: Adult high school diploma programs offer classes for high school credit. Adults who left high school before graduation can take the courses they need to earn a diploma.


Q:  Can I earn RCE AHSD credit for working or making a home?

A:  There is the possibility to earn credits through the AHSD program for work experience and/or making a home.  RCE Coordinator can provide further details on how to earn these credits.



RCE Adult High School Diploma


Q:  How do I get started?

A:  Contact the RCE Coordinator and provide a copy of your high school transcript.  RCE Coordinator will assess your transcript and prepare a plan for completion of the Adult High School Diploma requirements.


Q:  Is there a cost?

A:  The RCE Coordinator will provide you with this information.


Q:  Do I have to attend classes in person?

A:  No, the courses are entirely online and available on demand 24/7.


Q:  If I graduate with a NH Adult High School Diploma is that the same credential as a regular High School Diploma?  

A. Yes!

News & Announcements
bottom of page